Shop World Is Back! Read the patch notes HERE

Home Forums General Discussion Sean's Weekly Rant Pilot Episode

• Author

Seanpatine
    Admin

Hey kids! Sean is here to get a pic– I mean… Here to help make the forums more active!

I don’t really know what all to do on here, so I am going to start with a weekly segment where I rant about something for a little bit. I’ll start with this week’s topic, but I want you all to give me some ideas for rant topics for next week!
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>Today’s Topic</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>NOT RESPONDING TO TEXT MESSAGES AND/OR LEAVING SOMEONE’S TEXT ON READ</p>
    Alright, so we have all been there. You wake up one morning and think, “I wanna talk to this person!” so you shoot them a nice little “Hey dude, good morning! What’re you up to today?” text before rolling out of bed. You go about your day, checking your phone every now and then, awaiting a response from said person. Minutes go buy… half hour… an hour… two hours, and nothing! The thought rushes through your mind, “Did I do something wrong?” “Are they mad at me?” “ARE THEY DEAD?!” all of these going on at once, you still try to get through the day without thinking about it too much. 9 1/2 hours go by anD STILL NO RESPONSE! A storm of anger begins to brew in your head as you open your messaging app. You then proceed to open the private message tab between you and said person, ONLY COME TO FIND OUT YOU SEE A READ RECEIPT FROM 8:30 THAT MORNING! NOW, WITH THE ANGER OF A THOUSAND HORMONAL PREGNANT WOMEN YOU TAP ON THE TEXT WINDOW, YOU BEGIN TYPING, HUNDREDS OF SARCASTIC ATTACKS COMING TO MIND AT ONCE, SOMEHOW, “Awesome! What’s else did you do?” ENDS UP BEING THE RESULT OF YOUR ANGER… YOU HIT SEND AND WAIT TO SEE ANOTHER READ RECEIPT POP UP UNDER YOUR MESSAGE. 5 MINUTES GO BY AND THE READ NOTIF APPEARS FOLLOWED BY THE GREY BUBBLE WITH 3 DOTS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SCREEN. YOU IMPATIENTLY AWAIT THEIR REPLY, AND WHAT DO YOU SEE IN RESPONSE?! “Hey, sorry I was in the shower and just saw this.” YOU FLIP THE NONEXISTENT TABLE IN FRONT OF YOU AND STORM OUT OF THE ROOM, LEAVING YOUR OPENED PHONE ON THE BED. YOU FIND THE NEAREST CHOCOLATE BAR AND SCARF IT DOWN AND THEN GO BACK TO YOUR BEDROOM AND PICK UP YOUR PHONE, THE ANGER NOW ELEVATING TO THE ANGER OF TEN-THOUSAND HORMONAL PREGNANT WOMEN! YOU HIT THE TEXT WINDOW AND BEGIN TO TYPE, “long shower…” TO WHICH THEY RESPOND, “oh crap you sent something else this morning… I must’ve opened it and forgot to respond! I’m so sorry I was busy all day today!” YOU FEEL THE CRAVING FOR A SECOND CHOCOLATE BAR, BUT WITH NO SAID BAR WITHIN REACH, YOU TAP THE CHAT WINDOW AGAIN, “It’s fine! I just wanted to see what you were up to!” YOU REPLY. YOU SET YOUR PHONE DOWN AND TAKE 3 DEEP BREATHS….1….2…3… After the third breath, you begin to calm down. Hormones back in check, you pick back up your phone… A read receipt catches your eyes under your most recent message so you now, more calmly, await their response… nothing… 10 minutes go by… 20 minutes… 30! At this point you throw your phone to the end of the bed, turn off the light and lay down on your pillow, after a couple moment of sobbing you eventually drift off to sleep. Once asleep your phone vibrates from the other side of the bed, the message “Sorry! I have to go to sleep! We’ll talk tomorrow, goodnight!” flashes across the screen.

So, the moral of this story is, DON’T LEAVE PEOPLE ON READ AND DON’T IGNORE PEOPLE’S TEXTS, IT’S VERY RUDE AND CAN MAKE OTHERS FEEL BAD AND THINK THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG TO YOU.

Alright, there’s my rant for today! Don’t forget to leave suggestions about rants for next week!

Thanks for reading!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close